MTGAInstaller.exe False Positive (generic.ml)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

MTGAInstaller.exe False Positive (generic.ml)

L0 Member

We have users asking about this file being blocked, so I'm looking into it for them. This looked like it was flagged as a false positive back in January in a similar way:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/VirusTotal/MTGAInstaller-exe/m-p/196540#M334

So I wanted to do my due diligence and try to verify that this isn't another false positive. Can someone take a look, perhaps?

File Hash: 28a290fd512631abf5132a099d9153498a26bda2f9e92d72f63e69d3725b793d

Link to Virustotal report for the file: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/28a290fd512631abf5132a099d9153498a26bda2f9e92d72f63e69d3725b793d/...

Current VirustTotal Verdict: malware (generic.ml)

Description: Detection ratio 4/66

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes it has and it has been found to be Benign.

Sorry I didn't circle back to you earlier, I was not notified when the change was made because I was not who placed the original request.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Thank you. I found there was a request already submitted by a Palo Alto Networks customer on this sample.

The sample will be analyzed for verdict reconsideration shortly.

Hi mivaldi,

Has this been analyzed yet?  I assumed it may take a few days, but we're at four days so I'm thinking perhaps my expectations are off.  

Thanks!

Yes it has and it has been found to be Benign.

Sorry I didn't circle back to you earlier, I was not notified when the change was made because I was not who placed the original request.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!