(Ended) Join the Discussion: LIVEcommunity Roundtable

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

(Ended) Join the Discussion: LIVEcommunity Roundtable

Community Team Member

jdelio_0-1623963938687.jpeg

Ask the LIVEcommunity team your questions today, June 15, through June 24! This special Ask Me Anything (AMA) event has no set topic; instead, it’s an open stage for LIVEcommunity members, customers, and even Palo Alto Networks employees to learn more about how LIVEcommunity functions and the team members who make it possible. 

Ask questions from Tuesday, June 15 to Thursday, June 24, 2021. 

Come back on June 23 at 8 a.m. through June 24 at 5 p.m. PDT  to join the event as our experts answer your questions!  

To participate in this event, please use the Reply button below to ask your questions.

Please be sure to click Like if a post is helpful to you and to "Accept as Solution" to let everyone know that the answer to your question hits the mark!

Want to learn more details about the event? Check out this article.

52 REPLIES 52

@Remo wrote:

If I have a problem and need help from the community, is there a guidline on what information I should include in my post or are there troubleshooting steps I should take prior to ask the community?

This is a great question, and can apply to just about any topic. 

When you are posting any question to the community, be sure to include all of the basic information that would help others solve the problem. 

I would start with the product, the version being used, what your issue is, is this a new or pre-existing configuration, and if so, has anything changed?

As far as troubleshooting, there are many troubleshooting guides when it comes to our products—it just depends on the product. I would recommend searching for “troubleshooting”+ whatever product you need help with, For example if you needed to troubleshoot GlobalProtect, we have a guide on that here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/management-articles/troubleshooting-globalprotect/ta-p/75770

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Community Team Member

@Remo wrote:

Over time palo alto aquired quite a few comoanies and integrated their products into the paloalto ecosystem. Where is the right place to ask questions for all of these products?

Great question! The best place to start would be the LIVEcommunity technology pages. Each page has a designated discussion area where you are able to post and ask any questions. For example

If you are unable to find what you are looking for on the technology pages, you can always reach out in the general discussion area or our community feedback area.

@Sec101 wrote:

Why does the "send message" button not work in this live community forum?  As in, I am unable to direct message a person listed in a post.

Hi, thanks for letting us know. We just enabled it for you. Please confirm and let us know. 

Crasmussen - LIVEcommunity Manager 
Remember to click LIKE if a post is helpful to you | Stay Engaged!

@OtakarKlier wrote:

Hello,

Is there a CyberRange that users can go into and test their skills?

Yes, there is a Cyber Range that Palo Alto Networks offers an opportunity to learn and to allow users to test their skills. 

Please read the Palo Alto Networks Blog all about it here:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/blog/2018/01/cyber-range-fueling-next-generation-cyber-defenders/

Stay Secure,
Joe

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Remo wrote:

Paloalto customers already use their support account for the log in to this community and also recently the new cloud identity feature was added to cortex. Are there plans to support logins for customers to the support portal, cortex and also the live community with federated logins via azure ad, okta, ...?

Thank you for your question! We’ll be sure to let community members know if there are login changes to be aware of.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Remo wrote:

Will ther be some more cortex capture the flag events in the future?

Yes- take a look at the events listed here: https://events.paloaltonetworks.com/

The next Cortex XDR Capture the Flag event is scheduled for 

Friday 2nd July 

10:30AM–12:00PM CEST

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Remo wrote:

Even if the community maybe does not contain "highly confidential" data, wouldn't it be good to use 2FA for the log in or let the users choose if they want it or not?

Thanks for the recommendation. We really appreciate ideas from our members to help improve LIVEcommunity. Keep them coming!

@Remo wrote:

When calling support and waiting on someone to pick up the phone, there is alwas the question if you already checked out the live community. While I also know support uses this community sometimes (as they once sent me a link to a post I wroty by myself) there probably are ressources that support uses (troubleshooting guides, informations about current issues and maybe even workarounds), so wouldn't it make sense to share a lot more of these informations here in the community (at least if I am right and they do exist) to reduce support calls one one side and help the customers even faster as they may be able to solve their issues without help from support?

Thanks for the comments, We do want the LIVEcommunity to be the FIRST place that people start looking when they need help or when they have a question. We are constantly adding more content and information to the LIVEcommunity via Blogs, Articles, Videos, and our YouTube. But we also have Techdocs and our huge KnowledgeBase that is accessible whenever you search from the Main LIVEcommunity page: HTTPS://live.paloaltonetworks.com

I do appreciate the request, and we will do what we can in the future to add more documentation to help everyone.

Stay Secure,
Joe
  • 52 replies
  • 5 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!