(Ended) Join the discussion: Professional Services - Experts You Can Count On When Protecting Your Business

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

(Ended) Join the discussion: Professional Services - Experts You Can Count On When Protecting Your Business

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ask your questions from now until April 7 as Professional Services experts will be available in a Q&A session for an opportunity to learn, join in and ask questions, meet our experts and explore the latest professional services offerings! The Ask Me Anything (AMA) Event will be focused on how they can help customers in different stages of deployment of our full portfolio of products and adopt our technology to protect your business.

Ask questions from Wednesday, March 31 to Wednesday, April 7, 2021.

Come back on April 8th from 10am to 12pm PT  to join the event as our experts answer your questions! 

To participate in this event, please use the Reply button below to ask your questions.

Please be sure to click Like if a post is helpful to you and to "Accept as Solution" to let everyone know that the answer to your question hits the mark!

Want to learn more details about the event? Check out this article.

Crasmussen - LIVEcommunity Manager 
Remember to click LIKE if a post is helpful to you | Stay Engaged!
9 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

@ddelcourt wrote:

What are the different offerings for the PS Extended Expertise Program?

There are several options in the Extended Expertise program to provide flexibility for our customers, they are:

• PS Extended Expertise - consists of a remote Designated Consultant with no credits. Consultant manages 2 customers, scheduled every other week, or average of 80 hours a month.
  • PS Extended Expertise Plus - consists of a remote Designated Consultant with 500 credits (equal to $50,000) to spend on outcome based bundles.
  • PS Extended Expertise Dedicated - This consists of a Dedicated Consultant with no credits. This offering is in line with the legacy Resident Engineer program. Consultant can be on-site or remote.
  • PS Extended Expertise Dedicated Plus - This consists of a Dedicated Consultant with 500 credits (equal to $50,000) to spend on outcome based bundles.

Each of the above base offerings will support one “core expertise” designed to identify and provide the right Consultant to support your primary objective, they are:

• NGFW/Prisma Access
  • CloudGenix
  • VM Series - Private Cloud
  • Cortex XDR
  • Cortex XSOAR
  • Prisma Cloud
  • VM Series - Public Cloud

View solution in original post

@PaloAlto18 wrote:

Hi PS,

I have question below on Pre tunnel and Post Tunnel  

We are running 8.1.15 on GP 5.2.5

We see below in GP  logs

'Pre-tunnel latency: 18ms, Post-tunnel latency: 1ms' )

We have pre logon then on demand.
So when I power up my pc and I see Global protect is connected.
which latency is this?

After this when I logon to PC with username and password then
prelogon gets disconnected.

Then I click on GP icon and click on connect then after my SAML MFA. I get connected to GP.

So please answer below
1>which is tunnel latency?
when GP. prelogon is connected or when I click on connect on
GP icon ?
2>Which is pre tunnel latency in above case?
3>which is post tunnel latency and why it less than pre tunnel?

This was first introduced with GlobalProtect 5.1 and PAN-OS 9.1, this is the latency measured from the client to the gateway. 

It looks like you are running PAN-OS 8.1.15, so please be aware that this may not work as advertised until you are running PAN-OS 9.1 and GP 5.1 or above.

The way I understand it is that Pre-tunnel latency measures from the client to the portal page, and Post-tunnel measures from the client to the gateway. This is all telemetry data collected from the client. 

Because there can be many paths between the 2 on the internet, there is a possibility that the Pre-tunnel can actually be higher than the Post-tunnel. Most of the time the Pre-tunnel would be a lower number, but it can be the opposite.  

On our TechPubs site, there is a small explanation there along with a screenshot, with the different latency examples shown here:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-1/globalprotect-app-new-features/new-features-rele...

Going forward, if you or anyone else has any similar questions, please be sure to ask and GlobalProtect questions in the dedicated GlobalProtect discussion area here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/globalprotect-discussions/bd-p/GlobalProtect_Discussions

Otherwise any other General question can be posted in the General Topics area here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/bd-p/members_discuss

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

@MP18 wrote:

Hi,

Is the PS Extended Expertise Consultant remote or on-site?

How do we engage PS  via our Palo Alto Vendor or through Palo Alto SE?

Regards

We offer Dedicated and Designated consultants under the Extended Expertise service offering.  The Designated is only offered in a remote capacity.  Dedicated is offered remote or on-site. Specifically:

• The PS Extended Expertise Designated service offering is a half-time resource remotely delivered, every other week with up-to two (2) on-site visits per year (kickoff).  
  • PS Extended Expertise Dedicated offering has the option to be on-site, but is highly encouraged to be remote for faster identification and assignment of resource. This resource is assigned full time.

To engage PS, Please reach out to your Palo Alto Networks or Partner Account Manager 

@tawilkins wrote:

Hi PS team,

How do I find a partner in my region who can deliver Professional Services?

Great question Tanya! Please view our CPSP Listing Page:  https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/cpsp-partners

Also be sure to check in at our program alias to ask about others not listed here.  Our partners are continuously in flight towards completion of workshops and credentials to increase their capability to serve our customers, updated posting to the page takes respective cycles.

@emetcalf wrote:

Is the Extended Expertise Consultant remote or on-site?

This will depend on the Extended Expertise service that is procured:

• The PS Extended Expertise Designated service offering is remotely delivered with up to two (2) on-site visits per year, typically the project kickoff and a follow-up.  
  • PS Extended Expertise Dedicated offering has the option to be on-site, but is highly encouraged to be remote for faster identification of a resource and this will include up to four (4) on-site visits per year in a similar fashion as above.

@SCantwell_IM wrote:

My question/statement is about enabling better transparency between PS and CPSP partners.

How comfortable is the PS Mgmt team within PANW in providing access to PS related tools/scripts for CPSP partners to help keep consistent deployment techniques, and also... how soon we can seen more progress to in achieving transparency.  (Too often I hear, "we will take that under advisement" or "we will bring that under internal discussion", without an actionable item/resolution offered) .

Great question and happy to support this inquiry -  As part of the CPSP program membership, we make great strides and take pride in providing our elite, certified partner engineers/consultants with the same level of training and transparency that we provide our own teams.   In fact, our partner program hosts the framework for all post sales delivery training, so you are the primary audience for consuming that content firsthand, along with our internal PS bench.   Further, we are recalibrating our PS Delivery Library with a new design and content refresh, in collaboration with our Global Practice Leads and their Global SA's,  in the form of tools/scripts/blueprints/architectural references, SOW's etc.  These are specifically for supporting consistency in your implementation methods and is a value tenet to the program, and commitment of our PS overarching org. 

Our executives definitely sponsor this PS program transparency to the eligible CPSP partner orgs/individuals that have: earned their credentials,invested in training, submitted detailed project data, and provided customer sat results.  

Thanks Steve for reaching out!   This has been a concentrated effort that we have listened to this audience requests, and we have been working diligently on both correcting the perception with our partners, and making sure we are communicating out those deliverables and training modules regularly.  Let's be sure you get connected with Rob Pfrogner on my team to give you a tour of what's available to you today - @rpfrogner thanks for the assist!  

@MP18 wrote:

Hi Team,

Can Cyber Elite members have access to PS portal?

Regards

Hello - Today the PS Portal is reserved for CPSP partners however we can take a look at the Cyber Elite contingent and explore what’s possible with the needs of this group.  Thanks for your inquiry!

@jhache wrote:

What are QuickStart services?

Great question Jerry... QuickStarts are a suite of technology specific outcome based offerings. Each of these have defined deliverables as well as boundaries that define the offering. Keep in mind that QuickStarts may not cover the entire scope of your project and if they do not we can always set up some time with you to discuss your specific project requirements and provide a customized services offering.

Please take a peek at our Professional Services offerings available at https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/consulting and contact your Account Manager for more information.

@tawilkins wrote:

Hi PS,

What are Focused Services? Can you provide some details?

Hi, Absolutely  -  Focused Services is a high-touch, personalized service providing customers with a Services Account Manager and Designated Engineer and for our largest customers, a Service Delivery Leader.  Focused Services teams ensure our services teams and service partners deliver as one team to deliver an exceptional customer experience. 

We offer three levels of Focused Services:

Focused Services - partnered with Services Account Manager, this level of service is generally the best offer for mid-sized and large enterprise customers. 

Focused Services Plus -partners customers with both a Services Account Manager and a Designated Engineer in a Region - this is for our mid-sized to large customers consuming some or most of the platform

Focused Services Elite - partners the customer with a Services Account Manager, Designated Engineers in each Region providing 24 x 7 DE case coverage and a Service Delivery Leader - this service offer is built for customers with global operations or for any customer consuming across the Platform. 

More information visit: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/resources/datasheets/focused-services-overview

25 REPLIES 25

L7 Applicator

Comments section is now OPEN! 

Please be sure to post ALL of your questions below for our Professional Services group to answer!

Stay Secure,
Joe

Hi PS,

We see below in GP  logs

which latency is this?

Then I click on GP icon and click on connect then after my SAML MFA. I get connected to GP.

So please answer below
GP icon ?

Hi PS,

Need to when we reboot firewall   do url cache database is also deleted every time?

If yes why is this behavior?

Can I check  where url cache is stored in firewall from cli?

Hi,

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

My question/statement is about enabling better transparency between PS and CPSP partners.

How comfortable is the PS Mgmt team within PANW in providing access to PS related tools/scripts for CPSP partners to help keep consistent deployment techniques, and also... how soon we can seen more progress to in achieving transparency.  (Too often I hear, "we will take that under advisement" or "we will bring that under internal discussion", without an actionable item/resolution offered) .

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Hi Team,

Can Cyber Elite members have access to PS portal?

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L3 Networker

L2 Linker

Hi PS team,

How do I find a partner in my region who can deliver Professional Services?

L1 Bithead

Is the Extended Expertise Consultant remote or on-site?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for participating in this AMA event!  Join us again tomorrow, April 8 to see all the answers from our experts on protecting your business!  And you can ask additional questions from 10am-12pm PT.

Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s finally here! Happening TODAY at 10AM PDT - the first LIVEcommunity Ask Me Anything (AMA) Q&A event all about professional services. Join us, ask questions and learn about how professional services can help your customers in different stages of deployment of our products!

Please be sure to click Like if a post is helpful to you and to "Accept as Solution" to let everyone know that the answer to your question hits the mark!

@ddelcourt wrote:

There are several options in the Extended Expertise program to provide flexibility for our customers, they are:

• PS Extended Expertise - consists of a remote Designated Consultant with no credits. Consultant manages 2 customers, scheduled every other week, or average of 80 hours a month.
  • PS Extended Expertise Plus - consists of a remote Designated Consultant with 500 credits (equal to $50,000) to spend on outcome based bundles.
  • PS Extended Expertise Dedicated - This consists of a Dedicated Consultant with no credits. This offering is in line with the legacy Resident Engineer program. Consultant can be on-site or remote.
  • PS Extended Expertise Dedicated Plus - This consists of a Dedicated Consultant with 500 credits (equal to $50,000) to spend on outcome based bundles.

Each of the above base offerings will support one “core expertise” designed to identify and provide the right Consultant to support your primary objective, they are:

• NGFW/Prisma Access
  • CloudGenix
  • VM Series - Private Cloud
  • Cortex XDR
  • Cortex XSOAR
  • Prisma Cloud
  • VM Series - Public Cloud

@PaloAlto18 wrote:

Hi PS,

We see below in GP  logs

which latency is this?

So please answer below
GP icon ?

This was first introduced with GlobalProtect 5.1 and PAN-OS 9.1, this is the latency measured from the client to the gateway. 

It looks like you are running PAN-OS 8.1.15, so please be aware that this may not work as advertised until you are running PAN-OS 9.1 and GP 5.1 or above.

The way I understand it is that Pre-tunnel latency measures from the client to the portal page, and Post-tunnel measures from the client to the gateway. This is all telemetry data collected from the client. 

Because there can be many paths between the 2 on the internet, there is a possibility that the Pre-tunnel can actually be higher than the Post-tunnel. Most of the time the Pre-tunnel would be a lower number, but it can be the opposite.  

On our TechPubs site, there is a small explanation there along with a screenshot, with the different latency examples shown here:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-1/globalprotect-app-new-features/new-features-rele...

Going forward, if you or anyone else has any similar questions, please be sure to ask and GlobalProtect questions in the dedicated GlobalProtect discussion area here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/globalprotect-discussions/bd-p/GlobalProtect_Discussions

Otherwise any other General question can be posted in the General Topics area here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/bd-p/members_discuss

Stay Secure,
Joe

@MP18 wrote:

Hi,

Regards

We offer Dedicated and Designated consultants under the Extended Expertise service offering.  The Designated is only offered in a remote capacity.  Dedicated is offered remote or on-site. Specifically:

• The PS Extended Expertise Designated service offering is a half-time resource remotely delivered, every other week with up-to two (2) on-site visits per year (kickoff).  
  • PS Extended Expertise Dedicated offering has the option to be on-site, but is highly encouraged to be remote for faster identification and assignment of resource. This resource is assigned full time.

To engage PS, Please reach out to your Palo Alto Networks or Partner Account Manager 

• 9 accepted solutions
  • 25 replies
  • 12 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!