Client want to reset vpn tunnel though API tools

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Client want to reset vpn tunnel though API tools

L3 Networker

Hi Guys,

We have site to site vpn tunnel to client . Now client have tools that can call api from our side that can see vpn tunnel is down or not and reset it. But how we can give access to api to only specifi vpn tunnel to reset like ( clear & test ) 

/api/?type=op&cmd=<test><vpn><ike-sa><gateway></gateway></ike-sa></vpn></test>

/api/?type=op&cmd=<test><vpn><ipsec-sa><tunnel></tunnel></ipsec-sa></vpn></test>

Can anyone help where i can add the name and key it like the vpn tunnel name is ( ABC-VPN) 

What will be full command before we forward them.

We can reset by command line. 

test vpn ike-sa gateway ABC-VPN

test vpn ipsec-sa tunnel ABC-VPN

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

The rbac functionality for api users are quite limited, so its not possible. I have heard that 10.0 will be better but not to what extent.

Other vendors have had the possibility to just allow certain commands for users but palo lacks here imo.

Not sure on how you enviorment is setup, there is always the issue with the client modify the script and run other commands that you dont want. Perhaps just having a simple webportal where they can click one button? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

So do you want to limit so this api users to only be able to run just a few commands? In this case reseting the vpn?

Yes. I want to limit the client by just only able to reset only his own VPN sit to sit tunnel.

The rbac functionality for api users are quite limited, so its not possible. I have heard that 10.0 will be better but not to what extent.

Other vendors have had the possibility to just allow certain commands for users but palo lacks here imo.

Not sure on how you enviorment is setup, there is always the issue with the client modify the script and run other commands that you dont want. Perhaps just having a simple webportal where they can click one button? 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!