Is there any workaround to avoid the limitation of regex size is less than 7 bytes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is there any workaround to avoid the limitation of regex size is less than 7 bytes

L0 Member

hi ,

We have requirements to block some keywords which are less than 7 bytes in size,device has limitation to use the keyworks(regex ) with less than 7 byes in size .

Is there any workaround or alternate solutions to block some keywords with less than 7 bytes .

Thanks,

BIJILESH

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

unfortunately , the answer is no .

L3 Networker

No, this is a huge limitation by stream based design . Also 7 bytes/characters have to be continuous.

(ABCDEFG) is accepted

() is not accepted.

I hope in the future this can be avoided due to strong limitation in regex pattern creation.

Regards

L2 Linker

Whilst we are talking about the 7 byte limit on regex - can it contain spaces ? I have some very annoying spam bounce problems at the moment, the only identifying feature appears to be the subject line - "Can i turst you?" (caps & spelling as in the email) - Ive created a data pattern "Can i turst you\?" which I would expect to match these mails which commits but does not appear to work. Any ideas ?

Have you try this format "Can\ i\ turst\ you"

Thanks for the suggestion - strangely it now works as above, without escaping the spaces so perhaps it was something else in the data filter it didnt like. Its all a bit of a mystery, but the spam is all being rejected now.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!