Manage On-prem IPSEC config with PAN TF provider

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Manage On-prem IPSEC config with PAN TF provider

L0 Member

Here is my use-case,

We have a bunch of VPCs,VNETs in different cloud providers. When we spin up a VPC, we configure the VPN back to the on prem which is a Palo Alto firewall. The VPN configuration on the Palo alto firewall is manual.

I m wondering if this can automated with TF on our On-prem firewall. basically something like this 

Interfaces, Routing, VPNs                                                -> Local FW config

VPNs to cloud.                                                             -> Terraform

Device-groups, policies etc.                                           -> Panorama

Generic template (radius config etc.)                                -> Panorama

Has anyone does this before and any feedback.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Maybe, depending on what all you need to configure?

The panos provider has over 100 resources (Panorama and Firewall combined), so there's a lot you can do with it.  I'd check out the documentation and see if what you need to configure has resources for it or not:

https://www.terraform.io/docs/providers/panos/index.html

If something is missing, thumbs up / comment on a pre-existing issue, or open a new one if one doesn't already exist:

https://github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-panos

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!