cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxlength attribute in the passwd field of a GlobalProtect Loginpage

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello

As Two-Factor Authentication solution we are using yubico yubikeys (https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/yubikey-2/). These usb-devices generate a token which is 45 characters long. Unfortunately the global protect loginpage limits the maxlength of the password field to 40 characters. As I found out is that this input limitation is only in the html of the GP loginpage. Because if I remove the maxlength attribute, the login works with the yubikey as second factor.

What I tried as a workaround is the following short script in a custom GP loginpage:

<script type="text/javascript">

function setmaxlength () {

document.getElementsByName("passwd")[0].maxLength = "50";

}

</script>

This script I loaded with additional onload attribute in the BODY tag.

With this script the maxlength will be set to 50 characters but unfortunately then the login does not work because my short javascript seems to break the PaloAlto Javascript which will be added at the beginning of every custom global protect loginpage and so the password field for the second-factor-passwort will never show up.

Does anyone has an idea how to increase this maxlength attribute in the passwd field for the second-factor-password?

Regards,

Remo

10 REPLIES 10

Hi bat

Thank you very much for your help. This works perfectly Smiley Happy

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!