When will the msrdp AppID be udpated for UDP 3389?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

When will the msrdp AppID be udpated for UDP 3389?

L4 Transporter

Hi:

MS RDP v8.0+ (comes with Windows 8 & Server 2012) uses UDP 3389 for RDP in addition to TCP.  Furthermore, it also tries UDP first (this may be with v8.1 - can't remember).

I know I can workaround it - I just want to know when will the AppID itself be  updated.

I opened a ticket but support told me to post it here as they didn't know.

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

The current application description on Applipedia mentions TCP and UDP 3389. AThis is also the case in the latest content/app update. On the other hand, the default port description still only says TCP 3389. So I guess it should work - but we will run some tests to verify.

Well, then it's working inconsistently.

After you posted that I went back to the logs...

For any AppID-only rule (ms-rdp & t.120) that uses TCP it works fine but all UDP is dropped.

For a rule that as 'any' for both App-ID & service, UDP works (I haven't tried it with TCP/UDP 3389 in the Services column but I expect it would have the same outcome).

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!