XML API is truncating fields in configuration log extraction

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XML API is truncating fields in configuration log extraction

L0 Member

Hi all,

I’m hoping to leverage of the wisdom of the collective here. I’m wanting to use the XML API to extract configuration logs from a Panorama instance. However I’m noticing the XML API extraction is truncating two fields I need.....before-change-preview and after-change-preview. Does anyone know if it is possible to request full fields in the output? I don’t see the same issue when going in via the GUI and extracting configuration logs to CSV. There is no truncation in the GUI or CSV in this method, yet that approach does not allow us to automate the process.

I’d appreciate if anyone knows how to get the full fields in the output.

Regards,

Campbell

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

I'm also experiencing the same thing.  @Campbell, did you figure out a way to get past the truncation of the before-change-preview and after-change-preview values?

thx,

Jeff

L5 Sessionator

Hi @cjcarew and @JDelaney,

Using an extra show-detail parameter should help here, for example:

https://{{host}}/api?key={{key}}&type=log&log-type=config&show-detail=yes&query=( receive_time in last-24-hrs )

Hope that helps!

Help the community: "Like" helpful comments, and click "Accept as Solution" if you found your answer 🙂
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!