1. Panorama from legacy mode version 8.1.14-h2 to panorama mode 9.1.10 can push config to PA-5020/5050 version 7.1.12?
2. I created my VM panorama. it was going to pending loop:
Warning: This Panorama instance does not have a license key. Click 'OK' below to try retrieving the license from the Palo Alto Networks Update Server.
You have 0 days before commits will be disallowed. Please retrieve and install the license key as soon as possible.
But I have a license...
3. Which panorama version start mangament device with license? The license need the same S/N, and need IP the same now?
Hi @Jason_Tong thank you for posting question.
1. I never used exactly the same versions as you stated, but on numerous occasions I have pushed configuration from Panorama version 9.1 to managed Firewall running 7.1. In general, there is no issue, however I have hit a few minor issues, but those have not stopped me from using it. If there is any specific issue you are facing, could you elaborate more?
Please note that PAN-OS 7.1 is already EOL and you should move to 8.1 which is highest supported version for PA-5020/5050.
2. Yes, Panorama has to be licensed to by fully functional. In the past, when I was working with Lab environment, I have reached my PAN contact to get short term temporary license to complete my verification.
3. Panorama has to be licensed regardless of the version. The license is bound to S/N and not IP address. The license itself is called Device Management License and has the number of managed Firewalls you can have.
For example if you are deploying M-600, then with license: PAN-M-600-P-1K you can manage up to 1000 firewalls.
For example if you are deploying VM version, then with license: PAN-PRA-1000 you can manage up to 1000 firewalls.
I believe that smallest license you can have is for 25 Firewalls. Please note that dedicated log collector has to be licensed as well.
I hope this answers your questions.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!