In keeping with our tradition to publish custom apps for March Madness, the NCAA annual college basketball tournaments, we provide the following custom signatures to identify this traffic and control your security policies.
Are you our customer?
If you are a Palo Alto Networks customer, you can do any of the following:
Enforce QoS policing (permit the NCAA March Madness Live application but rate limit the video streams):
- Block the NCAA March Madness Live application/player:
- Create a security rule to 'deny' ncaa2018-mml.
Gain visibility into the usage of March Madness Live in your traffic mix:
- Create a security rule to 'allow' ncaa2018-mml and ncaa2018-video applications.
- Create a QoS policy for ncaa2018-video.
- When you import the custom-defined applications to your firewall and commit, make sure the traffic is 'allowed' by the security policies.
Palo Alto Networks customers can access the custom App-ID at --
Custom App-ID for NCAA March Madness 2018
Let us know if you have any questions.
Keep the ball in your court and control the clock this March Madness season!