CN Firewalls - AV updates/ WF updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CN Firewalls - AV updates/ WF updates

L1 Bithead

Hello All 

First time posting to this board so be real gentle with me . 

My question is around the CN series firewalls . Been wrestling with these babies for a while now and have read PA-CTNR unsupported platform guide back to front , back to front and side to side a lot of time !!!!!

I have the container firewalls up and running , licensed , passing traffic . 

Problem is with updates - I have sent a template to the firewalls with  a confirmation to retrieve updates. I get the following errors :

• PA-CTNR unsupported platform
  • Failed to perform task multiple times resulting in connection timeout with WildFire Cloud wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com
  • Retrieving Content \'Antivirus\' info failed with error \'The device is not found or not registered, please try after some time
  • 'Retrieving Content \'IoT\' info failed with error \'The device is not found or not registered, please try after some time

I do seem to be able to update the  version from Panorama dynamic updates - I see completion but version does not increase . 

I true Palo Fashion there is no documentation . 

The CN firewalls are licenced correctly. Anyone see this or can they help ?

Ta

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Doh - a man talking in a vacuum !

Looks like updates via a template are a no no . 

You have to build a  schedule to push from Panorama.........   Doh obvious when you know how !!!!

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!