Techdoc resources not appearing in Live Community search.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Techdoc resources not appearing in Live Community search.

L1 Bithead

Hello,

First, my assumption is Technical Documentation is the same as Techdocs.

Here's my scenario. I'm working in Prisma Cloud testing a workflow. I click the help (?) at the bottom right corner of the page and navigate to Other Resources - Get Help. It takes me to Live Community.

At the Live Community page I want to find two resources:

• Integration with Qualys
  • Integration with Tenable

My assumption is I should be able to enter "Qualys" or "Tenable" into the Live Community search field and land any one of the following resources but they do not appear in the search results:

Qualys: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/search.html#q=qualys&hd=Prisma%E2%84%A2%20Cloud%20Administrator's%...

Tenable: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/search.html#q=Tenable&sort=relevancy&layout=card&numberOfResults=2...

Of course, I know I can go directly to techdocs to find these resources but my question is why can't I find them through a Live Community search, especially if I'm being linked to Other Resources directly from Prisma Cloud.

Yes, I know there is a link directly to Techdocs from Prisma Cloud and it works. My question is why can't I find these resources from Live Community.

Regards,

Jose
4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

@JBrooks 

Thanks for the question.. 

Yes, TechPubs is Technical Publications, aka Docs.paloaltonetworks.com

I tested what you are talking about.. and if you go to the main LIVE page

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com

And then enter your search term..  Let's take your second search.. 

"Integrate Prisma Cloud with Tenable"

Press search,

and then on the left side check "Technical Documentation"..

And you will see what you are looking for.

jdelio_1-1610058347324.png

Please test out and let us know what you see.

-joe

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Interesting. I did a search on just the terms qualys and tenable and I see the results in the link you provided.

However, the link Prisma Cloud sends me to: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/prisma-cloud/ct-p/PrismaCloud

At the search bar I type either "qualys" or "tenable" and do not see the Technical Documentation source in your image nor the matching resources.

May I ask you to try the same search from the this link?

Regards,

Jose

Hello. This issue is still not resolved and cannot be considered an accepted solution. Please refer to the link I provided above (directly from Prisma Cloud). Ideally, I should be able to search for an item via this link and get the tech docs references listed as Joe describes above.

Regards,

Jose

@JBrooks The problem with that search..  (see screenshot)

jdelio_0-1610737070834.png

When you search from "inside" Prisma Cloud" you are doing just that.. ONLY searching from that area.. notice the "Additional Filters".  You have to "x" out that filter.. and then select "Technical Documentation" to get the information that you are looking for. 
Alternatively 
At the TOP of the page.. you can click search 

jdelio_1-1610737415672.png

Then retype your search, and then if needed select "Technical Documentation".. 
But when I did just that, the link you were asking for was the FIRST thing that showed up.. without filters.

jdelio_2-1610737704392.png

I hope that this makes sense..   If not, I will try to explain more.

Searching is something that has always been a pain, and we are doing all we can to make the search experience better on the LIVEcommunity.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!