Maximum concurrent remote connections to a ipsec tunnel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum concurrent remote connections to a ipsec tunnel

L0 Member

We have several pa3220s we are using for IPsec vpn.  What is the "Maximum concurrent remote connections to an ipsec tunnel"? I have found the maximum number of tunnels but not the max connections per tunnel?

Can someone direct me to the document i missed?

Cheers and Thanks

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @itinkess ,

I don't think there is limitation for connection per tunnel.

I cannot think of any reason that could prevent you to fill up the whole firewall session table with session over single IPsec tunnel.

You have limit for how many IPsec tunnel you can establish, but after that any connection/session over this tunnel should make no difference from any other connection passing through the firewall and will count against the firewall session table.

Just to be clear we are talking about site-to-site IPsec VPN tunnels right? Not GlobalProtect remote access VPN tunnels right?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @itinkess ,

I don't think there is limitation for connection per tunnel.

I cannot think of any reason that could prevent you to fill up the whole firewall session table with session over single IPsec tunnel.

You have limit for how many IPsec tunnel you can establish, but after that any connection/session over this tunnel should make no difference from any other connection passing through the firewall and will count against the firewall session table.

Just to be clear we are talking about site-to-site IPsec VPN tunnels right? Not GlobalProtect remote access VPN tunnels right?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!