Behavioral threat detected (rule: bioc.syscall.remote banker behavior)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Behavioral threat detected (rule: bioc.syscall.remote banker behavior)

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys, 

In the Cortex XDR, we are getting an alert indicating Behavioral threat detected (rule: bioc.syscall.remote banker behavior). Although the file is blocked which is benign, the is no information related to the rule. Does anyone have a clear idea about the rule?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi There,

We would recommend you to open up a support case with palo alto where you will have to submit the alert data for them to investigate.

The rule which you have mentioned alone does not signify much as this is a friendly name to one of the rule set in EDR.

KanwarSingh01_0-1606179743657.png

Kind Regards
KS

I have already opened the case with them and they confirmed my case as a FP but the issue is that there is no explanation about it. As long as there is no explanation, it cannot be decide whether the alert is a FP or a real threat. 

Did you have an alert around the same time on the same endpoint? If yes, can you post the details on that alert?

Kind Regards
KS

L2 Linker

@KanwarSingh01 my apologies if I missed it, but is there a central location or notification of what the list of BTP rules looks like?  What is their contents?  When were they applied, etc?  Perhaps I am totally missing it, but I don't know where to find that.  Weather its for this particular one or ANY BTP rule (Behavioral threat detected (rule: bioc.syscall.entrypoint_patching) OR Behavioral threat detected (rule: heuristic.agb.5637) OR Behavioral threat detected (rule: accessibility_feature_escalation), etc

I mean the name has some clue to what its doing but is there insight as a Cortex XDR admin, you have of them and the BTP list looks like?  What they do, when they were last changed or had updates to them?

thank you

L1 Bithead

Hi KRisselada, 

You cannot find any list of BIOC rules per my knowledge and a follow up with Palo Engineers. These are preconfigured rules from Palo Alto Networks with no intention to share (if they share, protection would go undermine). 

Regards

• 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!