Conflicts with Third Party Encryption Application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Conflicts with Third Party Encryption Application

L2 Linker

It appears that Cortex XDR does not play well with the existing encryption product we use.  There is no indication of any issues whatsoever, but when you attempt to decrypt the drive the application is not successful at decrypting all of the files.  Uninstall Cortex XDR and things work -- the power of a VM proves it is an issue with Cortex.  Initially I tried using the cytool to stop the File and Process protections.  I moved on to creating a new policy that uses a new Malware Profile that excludes the folder and a new Exceptions Profile that includes the .EXE that performs the decryption -- I checked all of the modules for the exception.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to work through an issue where Cortex just silently breaks software?

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Did you open a case on this?  We would be curious.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!