Cortex 7.2.0.63060 and 7.5.0.36150 cannot update neither uninstall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex 7.2.0.63060 and 7.5.0.36150 cannot update neither uninstall

L0 Member

Hello

We have 2 machines with Cortex XDR, version 7.2.0.63060 one and version 7.5.0.36150 other

This machines cannot update, and we cannot uninstall cortex in those machines.

We try do this:

cytool protect disable

And then try uninstall, but does,t resolve

Can you help me

Thanks

Pedro Dias

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @pedrodias2020 ,

In order to get more traction for this I have moved this topic to the Cortex XDR discussions area.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L4 Transporter

Hi @pedrodias2020 , 

the best practise is to uninstall from the tenant. If somehow these two endpoints have lost the communications with the tenant, I would recommend to get the uninstaller and boot the endpoints in safe mode. You should be able to uninstall this way.

As a best practise, we also recommend to be updated to the latest releases of the agent. Version 7.7.1 has improved a lot in terms of health and how to manage the agent with tokens wich is a new feature. 

I hope this helped

KR,

Luis 

L3 Networker

@pedrodias2020 

If you are trying to uninstall on a Windows machine, I would suggest you also look at the XDR agent admin guide. In the uninstall section, it is explained how to use admin cmd and the msiexec method to uninstall the agent. Just remember that you need to have the same installation package version as the one installed locally for the method to work.

You could also open a TAC case explaining the situation. It is quite odd that after you disable protections, the agent doesn't uninstall. 

L0 Member

Tnak you for all

I used traps cleaner 6.2.0 and it works

Remove cortex

Thanks

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!