Cortex XDR Broker VM (proxy server)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR Broker VM (proxy server)

L2 Linker

Hello.

In XDR Broker VM i enable proxy server and configure as follows:

Type:HTTP

Address: 192.168.6.167

Port: 8080

But it is not work and in configuration status i see "in progress" even through 3-4 hours.

I want to know if is there anybody who  configured this proxy successfully and how?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi @OrkanAlibayli ,

Are you using the latest version of the BrokerVM, v11.3.13? If yes, are you able to stop it and re-activate the proxy again?

Yes, i use BrokerVM v11.3.13. I can stop proxy from BrokerVM web UI and reactivate but nothing change. Again i see "in progress" while hours.

L2 Linker

Hello, @OrkanAlibayli .

Can you check the following?:

• Obviously review the IP address, Gateway, and Mask.
  • It is important to have the NTP and DNS configured. In order to resolve the DNS requests and sync with the time in the XDR console.
  • Be aware of the token. If 24 hours have been passed, the token is invalid.
  • If you are using a firewall, and it is too restricted, you have to allow URLs and ports from the following link, for the Broker VM IP Address (Required Resources by Region and Broker VM Resources): https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-pro-admin/get-started-with-cortex-xdr...

Sometimes the steps that I mentioned, do not allow successful communication with XDR Console if aren't configured properly. In my case, was the URLs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!