Event_Sub_Type Failed to run

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Event_Sub_Type Failed to run

L3 Networker

When running this XQL query if I add event_sub_type to the filter it fails to run

I can run the query without any filters, and then add the event_sub_type column without issues

dataset = xdr_data
| filter event_type = ENUM.FILE and (event_sub_type = ENUM.FILE_CREATE_NEW or event_sub_type = ENUM.FILE_WRITE or event_sub_type = enum.FILE_OPEN )
| filter agent_ip_addresses = "x.x.x.x"
| filter action_file_path contains "Path"
| filter action_file_name not contains "$"
| filter action_file_extension != "tmp"
| fields agent_hostname, agent_ip_addresses, actor_effective_username, action_file_name, action_file_path, action_file_extension, event_sub_type

NathanBradley_0-1659458727567.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, for some reason the XQL query does not like to be copied and pasted.  I had to remove the "1", "CREATE", "2", "OPEN", "6", "WRITE", and then type them in again before it would properly replace.  It doesn't appear that these values have public documentation, I was able to reference some internal documentation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi NathanBradley,

This is definitely a strange behavior, I'm honestly not sure why this query is failing.  I was able to get the following query to work successfully

dataset = xdr_data
| filter event_type = ENUM.FILE
| filter event_sub_type in (ENUM.FILE_OPEN, ENUM.FILE_CREATE_NEW, ENUM.FILE_WRITE)
| filter agent_ip_addresses = “x.x.x.x”
| filter action_file_path contains “Path”
| filter action_file_name not contains “$”
| filter action_file_extension != “tmp”
| alter file_action = if(event_sub_type = 1, replace(to_string(event_sub_type), “1”, “CREATE”), if(event_sub_type = 6, replace(to_string(event_sub_type), “6”, “WRITE”), if(event_sub_type = 2, replace(to_string(event_sub_type), “2”, “OPEN”))))
| fields agent_hostname, agent_ip_addresses, actor_effective_username, action_file_name, action_file_path, action_file_extension, file_action

Thanks, It does get what im needing

But it didnt replace the numerical value

Also where did you get the numerical values for event_sub_type

NathanBradley_0-1659465584069.png

Hmm, for some reason the XQL query does not like to be copied and pasted.  I had to remove the "1", "CREATE", "2", "OPEN", "6", "WRITE", and then type them in again before it would properly replace.  It doesn't appear that these values have public documentation, I was able to reference some internal documentation.

Thanks, did that and it worked

Can the other numerical values for the other event sub types be shared?

1 create_new 2 open 3 rename 4 link 5 remove 6 write 7 set_attribute 8 dir_create 9 dir_open 10 dir_rename 11 dir_link 12 dir_remove 13 dir_write 14 dir_set_attr 15 reparse 16 set_sec 17 dir_set_sec 18 change_mode 19 dir_change_mode 20 change_owner 21 dir_change_owner 22 dir_query
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!