Filters in the custom dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Filters in the custom dashboard

L1 Bithead

Dear Community,

Currently in Cortex XDR 3.8, there are new updates in the dashboard.

According to the official documentation below, you can configure filters and inputs in the custom dashboard.
https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Pro-Administrator-Guide/Configuring...

According to the instructions in the documentation, when editing the dashboard, we can click on "Add FILTERS & INPUTS" to access the FILTERS & INPUTS panel for configuration.

However, I can't see this setting on the customer dashboard. Where can I find the settings for this configuration?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi @Chilla ,

In order for you to see the option "Add FILTERS & INPUTS" , the widget used in the dashboard should have the parameter(s) defined it it first, for example , seen below the platform is defines parameter that will be used for the next step when creating the dashboard

zarnous_0-1699444793942.png

After this  , you will create your dashboard , and then define the input types, it can be a single select or multi (where you need to use the IN instead of = in your parameter definition) then you can select the dropdown option as well as optionally if you want to set any default value, example to illustrate this step is in the screenshot below

zarnous_1-1699444959600.png

I hope that helps and shed some light, please feel free to let me know if any , and if that answers your question feel free to mark it as a solution so others can benefit from.
Best,
Z

Z

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello @Chilla ,

Thank you for writing to live community.

Setting is there as per the documentation. Kindly check if the widget is custom dashboard. You can access it form the Dashboard Manager--> Select customer dashboard --> Edit-->Next and you will see below layout.

aspatil_0-1699427522521.png

Incase if you are unable to see, please check your permissions.

Hope this helps!

Please mark the response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your query.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Ashutosh Patil

L2 Linker

Hi @Chilla ,

In order for you to see the option "Add FILTERS & INPUTS" , the widget used in the dashboard should have the parameter(s) defined it it first, for example , seen below the platform is defines parameter that will be used for the next step when creating the dashboard

zarnous_0-1699444793942.png

After this  , you will create your dashboard , and then define the input types, it can be a single select or multi (where you need to use the IN instead of = in your parameter definition) then you can select the dropdown option as well as optionally if you want to set any default value, example to illustrate this step is in the screenshot below

zarnous_1-1699444959600.png

I hope that helps and shed some light, please feel free to let me know if any , and if that answers your question feel free to mark it as a solution so others can benefit from.
Best,
Z

Z
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!