cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Preventing CrowdStrike disaster in Cortex XDR Pro

L4 Transporter

Hello dear community!

what could we or PA setup in PA Cortex XDR to prevent us from such a disaster which happened to CrowdStrike?

Are there any settings or recommendations which can be shared? 

BR

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi @RFeyertag ,

What I recommend, and what I have implemented in my XDR, is the agents only perform auto-updates after 7 days (on settings you can see agent upgrade).
If there is an urgent update, I go to the tenant and force all devices to upgrade.

This way, the risk of problematic software is reduced.

Best regards
Tiago Marques

L1 Bithead

@tlmarques In a case like CrowdStrike's last week, this approach doesn't solve the issue. The faulty update was caused by a content update and not an agent update. However, you thankfully have the option with Cortex XDR to delay content updates through agent settings profile: Add a New Agent Settings Profile • Cortex XDR Prevent Administrator Guide • Reader • Palo Alto Netwo...

We deploy content updates on 10% of the endpoints immediately and delay the remaining 90% for 2 days to make sure our business is not paralyzed by a faulty update.

L3 Networker

Hi @Rocky-25 , thanks for correction.
I've say agent only, but our rule is apply for both options (agent and content).

Best regards
Tiago Marques
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!