Removable Media Extension Profile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Removable Media Extension Profile

L0 Member

I wanted to get everyone else's 2 cents here and see how other people are doing it. My goal here is to prevent writing data to unapproved removeable media but allow reading. I created an device configuration extension profile with disk drives set as read only a few months ago a tested and it functioned as expected and blocked writes to my unapproved drive and allowed writes to my approved drive and still let me read data from it and it reported this all up to the console as " device control violations" which is good as we want our helpdesk to be able to do temporary override. Now fast forward to last week , i still had my profiles set up from when i tested this before and we want to start rolling this out. But now a pop up never happens when you try to write to the unapproved drive (still blocks it at least) and it does not report that up to the console (so wont be able to do temporary overrides). I opened a support case on this as i see in the agent logs errors when trying to display a pop up and errors with sending it to the console.....but support is coming back saying "this is normal behavior" and they will submit a feature request to get it to report up to the console.  So i guess i wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue, or how you go about locking down your removeable media. 

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi @DougNelson , 

could you please tell me the agent release with this behavior ? also please confirm if before it was working the way expected iwth the same agent version than when it starting to have an abnormal behavior or if you updated agent release or agent content. 

Let's try to dig into this a bit more

KR, 

Luis 

I'm on the latest agent version. I know it worked back in September(not sure the agent version when i tested) and i have not tested since then. So some agent in between caused it would be my guess. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!