Use of MFA to log on to Cortex XDR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Use of MFA to log on to Cortex XDR

L0 Member

How do I set up MFA for admin access to the Cortex XDR console?

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

To leverage 2FA for your Palo Alto user account, I find you can select the following if you wish to require all your Company Account users to require to use it:

1. In Palo Alto CSP (Customer Support Portal, aka https://support.paloaltonetworks.com)

2. Account Management > Account Details

3. Select the Security Settings "Enable 2 Factor Authentication"

Or select this individually for users via Members > Manage Users

Not a user at the moment, advising a potential user.  Is access to Cortex XDR console through the CSP then?

No, that access is via the Cortex XDR HUB (https://apps.paloaltonetworks.com
You apply the role access you would to a user via the Cortex Hub, but in order for a user to be visible to manage, they need their Palo Alto User Account, associated with a customer and that is in the Palo Alto CSP.  At least that has been my experience.
I would request others that have different experience to share here and correct as needed.

@KRisselada is correct. 

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 

L3 Networker

Dear Fols,

Can we integrate the second factor auth us azure AD?

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!