Windows daily scan configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Windows daily scan configuration

L0 Member

I have just configured the Malware policy and set up weekly scans as a schedule, however I haven't found a way how to configure daily scans. Is this feature available as I can't seem to find it. 

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hi @bartek -

I believe the shortest duration is weekly.  The scan is designed to look for dormant malware and the feature is there to satisfy audit requirements.  By design, the agent examines a file on execution.  It queries WildFire in real time (same feature you get in your scan) to look for a verdict.  For WildFire unknown files, it then executes local analysis, at the same time it uploads the file for execution.  Once uploaded, WildFire will perform Dynamic Analysis, and other interrogations if necessary, and will update the local verdict.

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!