Need a time limit for EmailAskUser task.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need a time limit for EmailAskUser task.

L4 Transporter

When automation EmailAskUser is used, a wait task is placed after it waiting if there's an answer. If there's no answer the automation will stay there forever, a time threshold is needed to continue the automation. How can be this time limit set?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi @Josep, Not the prettiest solution. But it works.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 1.39.41 pm.png

I used a sleep function set for 300 seconds. If the user does not reply, then the playbook will continue. If the user does, task 1 will complete task 2 as specified in the below configuration. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 1.43.32 pm.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Hi @Josep, you can use the task SLA feature to complete the task when no response is received. 

SLASetting.png

You can also use the newer feature, "Ask" type conditional task to get better control of what happens. Below is a screenshot. This would be the preferred method.

AskTypeTask.png

Using the manual conditional method and placing 1 minute did not work, I proved other values 3, 5, 15 minutes and didn't work neither.

The box returns an error with no information. The "Ask" type conditional is no an option because we accept any kind of reply.

Captura_wait.PNGCaptura_wait_2.PNG

L4 Transporter

Hi @Josep, Not the prettiest solution. But it works.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 1.39.41 pm.png

I used a sleep function set for 300 seconds. If the user does not reply, then the playbook will continue. If the user does, task 1 will complete task 2 as specified in the below configuration. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 1.43.32 pm.png

Is that "wait for reply"  a manual task?   

It works perfectly! Thanks so much

I was trying manual and didn't work

L4 Transporter

BCC_Automatizacion_Josep_0-1657871987675.png

Remember to set Await in the Details in the Sleep

Hi I came across your solution but was confused when trying to set this up myself. Does this need to utilize the EmailAskUserResponse automation? How does the Sleep task receive the email reply? Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!