ServiceNow pulling rasterized images

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ServiceNow pulling rasterized images

Hey all,

I am having trouble getting the SN integration to pull the rasterized images into a SN ticket with the 'servicenow-upload-file' automation.  I've tried to just upload all .png which seems to skip the rasterized images.   Also trying to pull files based on tags given through rasterization doesn't seem to work earlier.  

Has anyone had success with this sort of operation?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

My suspicion is that this is a race condition. the data isn't available from the previous task to pass to the servicenow upload task. just put a sleep task between them for a few seconds and see if this resolves the issue. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.50.21 AM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

Hello,

Rasterized images are saved under the InfoFile context path. Did you try referencing the entryIDs under that path?

That's good info Rahul.  

But when I try to pull from InfoFile I still am not seeing something.  Do I need a separate query before or can I just 'get' from 'infofile' in the existing servicenow-upload-file step?

L3 Networker

Can you show me how you're attempting to execute the command?

InfoFile consists of all the rasterized entries. So you would run the command as follows: 

!servicenow-upload-file file_id=${InfoFile.EntryID}

Here is what I just recently tried but still not pulling anything.  I am only trying the filter this attempt because it was still pulling nothing without one. 

2022-04-26 07_43_47-Playbooks.png

My suspicion is that this is a race condition. the data isn't available from the previous task to pass to the servicenow upload task. just put a sleep task between them for a few seconds and see if this resolves the issue. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.50.21 AM.png

Thanks Cstone,

But the rasterize step is way earlier in the playbook.  I even am uploading other items to the ticket before this step and they always get in fine.

But you were right, the sleep timer got the imaged in fine, thanks a lot!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!