Application ID for MS-Edge

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application ID for MS-Edge

L2 Linker

Due to the constraints placed on us by management, we don't support Chrome, and early on, I created a custom app ID specifically for Chrome and was able to block it fairly effectively.  Then MS released Edge, which fouled everything up.  So all of the chrome blocks had to be changed allows, so edge would work.  So, like an idiot, I thought I could simply follow the same process, by creating an edge specific custom app ID and went through the entire process, only to be told that my match criteria is invalid.  Tried a couple of different ways, to be honest, but either the pattern was too short, as it requires a minimum of 7 characters (seriously?), which sucks for edg/whatever version #, or it complains about an invalid pattern, when I include Edg/88., which meets the bare minimum 7 character limit.  It also complains when I insert the entire string for Edge (Edg/88.0.705.63).  I really need to find a solution for this.  Has anybody else run into a situation like this?

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Hi,

If you are using a text string you need to escape the "." because it's a regex token.  For example:

Edg/88\.0\.705\.63

First and foremost, thank you for the response!!

So you're using the \ to make the period digestible?

Hi,

That is correct..if you want to perform an exact match on the period character and do not "escape" the period then the system will interpret it as the regex token "." which means "match any character".

Thank you very much!!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!