strange statement and question about security zones in PCNSA study guide

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

strange statement and question about security zones in PCNSA study guide

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

I am reading a study guide for PCNSA now, and cannot understand this statement about security zones, p 67, 2.6:

"Security zones are divided into two broad categories: Intrazone and Interzone."   That sounds really strange, how can be some zone related to intrazone or interzone? That is about the traffic flow, so shows between which zone traffic goes, so it can be used as a security policy characteristic, but not for a single zone.

But after there is a question which is even more strange:

Q1. Which two default zones are included with the PAN-OS software? (Choosetwo.)
a) Interzone
b) Extrazone
c) Intrazone
d) Extranet

With a correct answer A,C. So, suddenly study guide's author change his opinion about "Interzone" and "Intrazone" that they are not zone categories, but some default zone names. But this is also for me sounds really strange, I have never seen such default zones and cannot find it in documentation.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!