ERROR:14090086:SSL routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE: certificate verify failed

Highlighted
L3 Networker

ERROR:14090086:SSL routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE: certificate verify failed

I have installed a Trap agent and certificate in Red Hat 6 successfully. But when I try to pull a Trap log. The error message occurs,  ERROR: 14090086: SSL routines: SSL 3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE: certificate verify failed What could be for this error coming.   Linux error.jpg

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Hi there,

Please see step 3 in the document listed at this URL:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/cortex-xdr-pro-admin/get-started-with-cortex-xdr...

Do you know if the 3 certs are trusted on the Linux server in question?

David Falcon 
MDR Systems Engineer, Cortex
Palo AltoNetworks® 
Highlighted
L0 Member

Hello,

has anyone had luck installing Cortex Agent to Linux Mint 20? I have had no issues running Ubuntu Linux (20.04 LTS), but keep getting the "SSL Exception: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed" error on Mint.

Certificates are installed the same way as on Ubuntu, openssl verification to the server is successful.

Thanks, best regards

Martin

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!