Feature Request: "postpone messages for this process"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Feature Request: "postpone messages for this process"

L2 Linker

I have this problem of getting a lot of messages about getting a lot of dialog boxes saying dbkextd has been blocked.

This is not a bug, but somewhat annoying. And it could hide other message behind, if you start clicking those messages as fast as you can.

So I suggest a button called ""postpone these bloody messages fora  few minutes, for this process, okay!?", to prevent this happening.

Se below picture what updating Dropbox looks like in ESM 🙂

Screenshot 2017-02-26 22.23.23.png

I don't know if this is correct way to make a feature request, please advice if there is better way.

--
PA-440, PA-1410, Cortex XDR
3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Hi Ari,

You are correct... this isn't the best forum to discuss the issue you're encountering. The best place to post this request (and report the issue) is in the Traps Beta forum

Also, when you repost your request there, please be sure to indicate if the dbkextd process you're referencing is actually malicious or not. From your ESM screenshot, it looks to me that WF has identified it as malicious. But your description makes it sound like it might not be ("...what updating Dropbox looks like...").

ok, yes, dbkextd is not malicious, it's part of Dropbox and just get's launched many times in very short time. Traps detects it's new, unknown hash, because it has just been updated automatically by dropbox.

Hard to say if this is a bug, I thought not and therefore put it in this forum. But I will repost it to beta-forum, thanx!

--

ok, yes, dbkextd is not malicious, it's part of Dropbox and just get's launched many times in very short time. Traps detects it's new, unknown hash, because it has just been updated automatically by dropbox.

Hard to say if this is a bug, I thought not and therefore put it in this forum. But I will repost it to beta-forum, thanx!

--
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!