Ransomware Protection for SMB Shares

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Ransomware Protection for SMB Shares

L0 Member

I read in another thread (Extend Ransomware Protection to SMB Shares ) that Ransomware Protection for SMB Shares was a new feature. However, I do not see it listed in my portal - also, I've noticed the most recent documentation seems to have removed mention of this feature. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

It does appear the setting disappeared from my tenant as well!  The online documentation no longer makes no mention of it, but I have the PDF version from last week so I have PROOF. 8-)  Here is what the PDF copy of the manual had for the feature which was not mentioned anywhere in last week's release notes.cortex-smb.PNG

L0 Member

Small businesses often have a false sense of confidence about cybersecurity; they simply do not see themselves as targets. And even if they are targets, they think it won’t matter: Many believe they have nothing of value to an attacker. Of course, that sort of complacency makes them ideal targets.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!