Traps Agent > 4 and ESM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traps Agent > 4 and ESM

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I wanted to update our Traps infrastructure after a long time and now I am a bit confused.

In the support center I am not able to download ESM 5.0 or ESM 6.0

Traps Agent versions 5.0 or 6.0 are not avalaibe either.

No I started searching what is happening here and for me it sounds like this:

Starting with Traps 5.0 the ESM is no longer used and we would have to migrate to Traps Management Service.

Is this correct?

if not: 

Why can't I see ANY download for ESM or Agent that has a higher version than 4?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TimNie 

Indeed Starting from Traps 5.0, it is moved to the cloud through TMS, instead of the on-premise ESM, that is why you can't see any files for downloading on the portal, as the management is on the cloud, and the agents are downloaded from TMS too.

View solution in original post

@TimNie 

The ESM 4.x branch will continue to be supported until EOL.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @TimNie 

Indeed Starting from Traps 5.0, it is moved to the cloud through TMS, instead of the on-premise ESM, that is why you can't see any files for downloading on the portal, as the management is on the cloud, and the agents are downloaded from TMS too.

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

But I have one more question:

Does this mean that the development of the ESM is stopped, and we will have to migrate to Traps Management Service?

Or will there be future updates for ESM and Traps 4.x so that we can keep our existing environment?

@TimNie 

The ESM 4.x branch will continue to be supported until EOL.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!