Traps disabled on VDI?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traps disabled on VDI?

L0 Member

Traps is disabled on two non-persistent VDI pools (out of more than a dozen). Has anyone encountered this? We have had a case open for months with Support but we don't have a solution. 

7 REPLIES 7

L1 Bithead

We are facing the same problem. Did you ever resolve it?

Hi there.  The process for VDI has changed a little over the years.  Let's start with the platform question.  Are you using ESM or Cortex?

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 

Hi, we are using TSM.

Hi there.  Can you let me know what version of ESM you're on?  Is it 4.2?  Also is the VDI persistent or non-persistent?

David Falcon 
Palo Alto Networks® 

Hey, maybe we misunderstand. We are using TSM, Traps Management Service / Cortex. And we are using non-persistent VDIs with Citrix Xendesktop 7.15.

Got it - that helps.

A few things to verify.  First, does the installation package still exist in your tenant?  Second, from one of the affected machines, can you launch the agent console click check-in now -- then wait about 15 second and click Open Log File?  I would like to see the log entries at the time you click check-in now for any error / denial messages.

David Falcon 
Palo Alto Networks® 

We have now opened a case with Palo Alto. So I think we do not need to follow up this here anymore.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!