Traps False Positive Recovery on multiple systems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traps False Positive Recovery on multiple systems

L3 Networker

Hi,

If one or more files are incorrectly (False Positives) moved to quarantine on multiple clients. What is the procedure for recovering these files/files on all systems? At the moment, the ESM GUI option "Restore File" only restores the file from the last system that has logged into the ESM. What do I have to do with all other systems to restore the files?

thx for reply

Fabio

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

I do not know the answer to your question but I imagine a call to support can help. I did want to mention that our Traps engineer who helped us with our deployment recommended we NOT enable the quarantine option and I believe that was partially due to this issue. I remember him saying that they restore options were not always straight forward and that Traps was going to block execution anyway, might as well leave the file where it is.

You can use the built in tool: cytool 

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/34/endpoint/endpoint-admin-guide/troubleshooting/cyto...

If you have questions about the process in the link, I would recommend to open a case with traps support.

Hi efrancis,

I tried this solution a time before, but this doesn't work, because the same file (Hash identical) generates a different guid, therefore you can not have a script with a guid included. In addition, the recovery path does not necessarily have to be the same on all clients.

I placed this question to paloalto support, but still no answer.

Thx fabio

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!