Anyone have Expedition running on Unbuntu in Azure?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Anyone have Expedition running on Unbuntu in Azure?

L0 Member

Folks, I've installed Expedition on an Azure 16.04.7 instance of Ubuntu in Azure.  To get the setup script to successfully complete, I had to run a few prerequisite commands.  Everything in Expedition seems to run correctly, but when I import a Palo xml config, the import hangs about 3/4 the way through.  The same config imports successfully on an on-premise Expedition that was installed from the legacy VM OVA install.  Anyone else having issues running Expedition in Azure?  I am running the latest 1.1.98 code.

Also, here are the Linux commands to get Expedition to complete the install in Azure.  Python 3.7, PIP 3.7 and Maria mysql must be pre-installed, or the setup fails.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common -y

sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 0xF1656F24C74CD1D8

sudo add-apt-repository 'deb [arch=amd64,arm64,i386,ppc64el] http://mirror.nodesdirect.com/mariadb/repo/10.3/ubuntu xenial main'

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deadsnakes/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install mariadb-server -y     <-WHEN PROMPTED, USE THE PASSWORD 'paloalto'

sudo apt-get install mariadb-client -y

sudo apt-get install python3.7 -y

sudo apt-get install python3-pip -y

sudo python3.7 -m pip install pip --upgrade

COPY THE expeditionInstaller.tgz FILE TO THE UBUNTU SERVER

sudo gunzip expeditionInstaller.tgz

sudo tar -xf expeditionInstaller.tar

sudo adduser --gecos '' expedition          <-WHEN PROMPTED, USE THE PASSWORD 'paloalto'

sudo /initSetup.sh

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

@DaveTheWolf  Any Error message shows in /tmp/error?

I figured it out.  We had to install Maria mysql from a special repository at DigitalOcean.  This is the repository in the install script. It works now. Updated script is below.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common -y

sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 0xF1656F24C74CD1D8

sudo add-apt-repository 'deb [arch=amd64,i386] http://sgp1.mirrors.digitalocean.com/mariadb/repo/10.1/ubuntu xenial main'

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deadsnakes/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient18 -y --allow-unauthenticated

sudo apt-get install mariadb-server -y --allow-unauthenticated <-WHEN PROMPTED, USE THE PASSWORD 'paloalto'

sudo apt-get install mariadb-client -y --allow-unauthenticated

sudo apt-get install python3.7 -y --allow-unauthenticated

sudo apt-get install python3-pip -y --allow-unauthenticated

sudo python3.7 -m pip install pip --upgrade

COPY THE expeditionInstaller.tgz FILE TO THE UBUNTU SERVER

sudo gunzip expeditionInstaller.tgz

sudo tar -xf expeditionInstaller.tar

sudo adduser --gecos '' expedition          <-WHEN PROMPTED, USE THE PASSWORD 'paloalto'

sudo /initSetup.sh

** After the install completes, run this.

apt-get install libestr0 libfastjson4 liblognorm5 rsyslog

sudo apt-mark hold libmariadbclient18 libmysqlclient18

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!