Best Practice Analysis Not Running

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Best Practice Analysis Not Running

L0 Member

I see a couple discussions already posted about this, but they are from a few years ago and the solutions are not working for me. 

I've got Panorama imported as a device and I can see all device information from it (security policies, managed firewalls, objects, templates, etc). It appears expedition can see everything it needs to see. 

I attempt to run 'Start Analysis' from the Best Practices -> Dashboard and it appears to think about it, the process bar moves and after 10 seconds it says Done..however no checks appear to have been run. Last run says 'Never Analyzed'.  Not sure what to do to get the practices to run. 

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello @ZachOlsonADT 

On your dashboard are there any issues popping up with expedition? Also if it is urgent you can perform it through our portal.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/best-practices/9-0/best-practices-getting-started/get-started-with...

L0 Member

Hey,

I had the same issue using Expedition 1.2.58 (latest build)...when looking at the two cli command that Expedition seems to run for BPA (bpa-cli and bpa-legacy-cli) they both returned error for 

------------------------------------

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/bpa/utils/common.py", line 9, in <module>
from pandas.io.json import json_normalize

ImportError: cannot import name 'json_normalize' from 'pandas.io.json' (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/pandas/io/json/__init__.py)

---------------------------

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/bpa/legacy/cli.py", line 10, in <module>

ImportError: cannot import name 'json_normalize' from 'pandas.io.json' (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/pandas/io/json/__init__.py)

------------------------

I updated both files

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/bpa/utils/common.py

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/bpa/legacy/cli.py

And changes the lines

---Before---- 

----After------------

from pandas import json_normalize

Now BPA is working inside Expedition for me 🙂

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!