Expedition 2.0 Beta: broken?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition 2.0 Beta: broken?

L2 Linker

I've installed the Expedition 2.0 beta in a VMware Ubuntu 18.04.5 instance. I understand that this is a beta version, but it seems blatantly broken. 

The first issue that I'm having is that my Expedition instance is failing the health check, and the remediation step is not helping. 

• The following variables for Expedition are missing: Spark.RAM,NumCPUs,TotalCPUs 

The remediation is: 

• Delete the /home/userSpace/environmentParameters.php to get it regenerated

I've performed the remediation step and the health check has not changed (even after a reboot).  My VM has 2 virtual CPUs (1 socket, 2 cores). 

The other item has to do with adding a device. I cannot add the device via GUI, When I try via GUI, I receive the error, "Something went wrong, please try again". This is consistent regardless of what device I try to add (Panorama or NGFW, physical or virtual). 

Oddly enough, I can add the same devices via API. 

I've added my Panorama instance, and I've retrieved the contents (i.e.: licenses, etc). Where it gets wonky is when I try to get the "Panorama Devices" (i.e.: get all the FWs managed by the Panorama instance). This works fine in Expedition 1.0. In the beta edition of 2.0, it just hangs indefinitely when I try to download the running config. 

Does anybody have any suggestions? I have a large upcoming project and I'd like to play around with rule analysis, specifically RE and ML. I don't want to use Expedition 1.0 as the OS (Ubu 16.04.7) is just about deprecated and sec compliance is a big deal in my org (and rightfully so - I wouldn't be here otherwise). 

Is anybody successfully using Expedition 2.0 beta yet? Any insight is appreciated. Ty. 

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hi @Eric.Hernandez , please ignore those error messages for now, as you see, the GUI function is not yet fully developed, please stay tuned until the end of May, we should have more GUI functions. 

OK, thank you @lychiang! I'm looking forward to the full release of Expedition 2.0. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!