Expedition - Panorama Config Export

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition - Panorama Config Export

L0 Member

Hello, I'm trying to get the XML config of just 1 of my firewalls in Panorama and import it into Expedition.  Simple idea, however not obvious how to do it.  Here's what I've tried:

1: Exporting config directly from the firewall just gives a minimal config.

2: Exporting from Panorama, gives you everything, and Expedition doesn't seem to like it.

How is this supposed to be done?

Thanks all for your time and help!

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello,

If you would like to import a single firewall you can do that by importing the device into Expedition (Device > add a device > import the running config)

After the device is imported you will need to create a project.

Project > add device as allowed you would like to import.

Once the project is created go into the project and import it (import > import device)

This will analyze what you imported and provide you with some suggestions on improvement.

After you are done with your improvements you can export it from the project into your device via API.

I hope I answered your question correctly. All of the steps can be done with either panorama or a single firewall, the process is basically the same the only difference would be the allowed devices within the project tab.

Thank you for the reply.  I understand how to import, the mental block I'm having is getting the firewall config.  It's easy if you don't have your Palo Alto in Panorama.  However since mine are all in Panorama, I can't figure out the proper way to export a single firewall config.  I've mentioned the methods I've tried above.

Thankyou for your time.

Can you go ahead and email me at fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com and we can go ahead and set up a meeting to solve your problem.

What was the resolution on this?  I could dis-associate the firewall from Panorama and save the config locally but if I choose to make changes via expedition it will take Panorama out of sync and cause other potential issues.

Thanks,

SK

Hello @SteveKrall 

When you pull in your expedition configurations you should see your template stacks that are pushed to the other firewalls, you will be able to choose in which template you would like to push your changes through the export section.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!