Expedition SonicWall Support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition SonicWall Support?

L3 Networker

Hi,

It appears that SonicWall configs are not supported in the Expedition Migration Tool. Are there any plans to add support for this firewall vendor?

Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23

I am starting a sonicwall to PAN migration and I am having issues getting the sonicwall.exp file into a csv file. I open the .exp file in the SonicReader v0.7 and get an error " Could not properly parse configtext; Hashes are empty!" . I still am able to view the raw text. When I try and view the HTML report I just see "Please wait. Processing..." and never get a html file. How to proceed with this? Is there another way to get the .exp or raw text file into a tabled format that could be used as a csv to import into expedition? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
PCNSC, PCNSE, Cyber Force Defender

Looks like I am able to get an html output with tables using the SonicReader v0.5. Still looking for any other tips that would help a migration from SonicWall to PAN.

for the Sonicwall Config export, please follow the following CLI way:

1) login via SSH
2) no cli pager session

3) show current-config

with this you can work with the existing script to generate a CSV.
EDIT: 20221012

But we are already working on an BETA script, which is not publish yet.

regards

Sven 

Thank you Sven for the tips. You mention existing scripts. When can I find those? Any chance to test out the beta script as well. Would be happy to report on my experience with it to help with the debug and improvement. Thank you for your time on this matter,

EDIT: 20221012
as mention the tool is underdevelopment but you can of course ping me via mail and I will send you the installation instructions plus the tool itself.

statement is no longer correct

regards

Sven

L3 Networker

the mentioned Sonicwall migration script will be available within Expedition 2.0.
Please be aware that until now no EXP config exported config is supported and also Sonicwall version is limited to <6.5

Sonicwall config export must be done this way:

1) login via SSH
2) no cli pager session

3) show current-config

Planning a SonicWall (SW) migration.  Putting this method in my toolbox.  Would beat a manual build on a Day1 cfg.  I was hoping to get the policies out of the SonicWall into csv format and manipulate for use.  From a July 2020 SW forum post, "Access rules export is available by default from next generation firewalls (Gen 7)"  I don't think I have Gen 7 SWs but still gathering info. Also in the post, the "MySonicwall tool" will convert a SW cfg backup into text file.  I found the online SW Migration tool but I think the MySonicwall tool requires a support logon.  Thanks KenLynch.

D. Elliott

L0 Member

Any update as to when Expedition Migration Tool will support Sonicwall configurations?

@PrithuJoshi Our professional service team has script to do the sonicwall migration, please reach out to your account team for migration service assistant 

• 23 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!