Expedition won't export Set commands

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition won't export Set commands

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have just got through the import-import-merge-remove invalid-dedupe with a Checkpoint source to an existing Panorama config.

At the very last step I do the export and I get xml and pretty xml - which contain the new policy but the Set command file is empty. Am I missing something?

Paul

[Edited to remove separate upgrade issue]

14 REPLIES 14

L4 Transporter

Hello @PaulMurphy 

We resolved the issue please query for an update again, I have confirmed it is now working.

Thanks Azuniga, the upgrade issue is no more, but the real problem remains, in that the export has no Set commands in the file, it is zero bytes.

Hello @PaulMurphy 

I will look into it on my end to see if I have the same problem.

Hello @PaulMurphy 

I have upgraded to the latest version of expedition and downloaded the zip file and my set commands are in there. Make sure your installation is working properly and you run periodic updates.

This wasn't working on 1.113 or 1.120. And only for a single project. And if I export the project xml, and re-import into a new project, the set commands appear in the export.

So my question remains, is there something in a project that would prevent the set commands being produced while the xml commands come out fine?

There should be set commands from that output if the file is 0 bytes then there could be an issue but do you see the changes within the xml format at all and they are not being seen on the set file?

This problem is not resolved.

I upgraded.  Went to the EXPORT tab.  Click Generate XML & Set..  set file is still zero bytes.

I exported the project.  created a new project, imported..  Generate XML & set..  set file is still zero bytes..

How does the XML file look off of that export?

L1 Bithead

Hi, yes, the changes are in the XML and even moreso, I can import the XML and then output the Set commands. So something is wrong in the project that prevents me outputting Set, and it somehow gets fixed if I export and re-import it.  In my case the XML is fine.

Hello @PaulMurphy 

I confirmed internally yes the set command part is a bug we are looking into but have no fix for yet.

That bug stopped us cold on a major consolidation/migration project
early this year.  We were told we needed to wait for 2.0.

Hello @MNagel 

Why are you not able to use the xml commands created through the export section? You could always load them into your firewall and perform a load config partial.

While it may have been possible, the migration we were doing at the time
was MUCH simpler to do with set commands and some scripting to pull
sections under migration into Panorama via the CLI.  I have used partial
XML imports for other processes (address objects and such), but the
rulebase updates just were going to be too painful with XML.

Hello @MNagel 

As an alternative have you thought about using the API push and allowing the configuration to sit within the pre-commit until your change window? Or just have what you want pushed over the API instead of using the set commands?

• 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!