Hardware Requirements for Expedition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Hardware Requirements for Expedition

L0 Member

What are the recommended hardware requirements for Expedition?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

This is a valid question, but not easy to answer.

We will provide documentation regarding the minimum requirements for different project settings.

Expedition comes by default with 1CPU and 1.5GB of RAM (this may differ a little).

Those settings are adequate for migrations, policy management and demo projects for Machine Learning (such as a few days of logs from a PA-220).

If we want to work with medium Machine Learning projects, we would recommend to increase the resources to 4CPU and 16GB or RAM.

For larger projects, we are currently testing with 12CPU and 32GB of RAM.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L5 Sessionator

This is a valid question, but not easy to answer.

We will provide documentation regarding the minimum requirements for different project settings.

Expedition comes by default with 1CPU and 1.5GB of RAM (this may differ a little).

Those settings are adequate for migrations, policy management and demo projects for Machine Learning (such as a few days of logs from a PA-220).

If we want to work with medium Machine Learning projects, we would recommend to increase the resources to 4CPU and 16GB or RAM.

For larger projects, we are currently testing with 12CPU and 32GB of RAM.

Are there changes that are needed to have Expedition recognize the additional CPU cores?  

My dashboard still shows a single core even though I've added 4 to the vm.

Simply delete the file /home/userSpace/environtmentParamenters.php and Expedition will recalculate your current settings.

We will improve this process in the future so you do not need to worry about this process.

What HD sizing for midrange would you think?

Good start for a medium-high size

4-6 VCPU

32 GB RAM

HDD it depends in the amount of logs you want to ingest.

A little more detail on how to delete this would be great.  I have tried, but the default account does not have permissions to do so.

sudo rm -rf /home/userSpace/environtmentParamenters.php

You are root of you system, just run the commands with sudo at the begining or run "sudo su" to become "root"

you the man...worked great!

Hello, I've increased RAM to 16GB but it's not reflected in the Expedition dashboard.  I've checked the memInfo file and it does show me 16.  I must be missing something.  

Ok, so I've created a VM with 4 CPU cores, installed expedition on the server, and it's using 4 cores. I've upgraded my hardware, and added more cores to the VM, but expedition still is only using 4. How do I go about modifying the number of CPU cores expedition will use WITHOUT having to wipe my VM out, and reinstalling expedition?

L4 Transporter
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!