Hotfix of Expedition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Hotfix of Expedition

L0 Member

Is there a place that the hotfix xan be downloaded rather than using the CLI method with apt-get? My server is behind a very strict firewall and cannot access the sites needed for apt-get to function.

Can the hotfix be downloaded and installed from the cli locally?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Expedition itself only needs one debian package to get updated. That package is hosted in our repository located at:

https://conversionupdates.paloaltonetworks.com

The access is made via (ssl) but we should detect as paloalto-updates app-id if your firewall is a Palo Alto Networks device.

Best Practices. The funcitonality of BPA uses some external dependencies located in Internet and while the update process occurs Expedition tries to go to Internet to find the latest version of those depencies. If you dont have Internet access Expedition will wait for the timeout and will not update them.  But BPA it goes on its own. 

If you want to download the hotfix by hand and upload them to your Expedition VM you can just do something like this

https://conversionupdates.paloaltonetworks.com/expedition-updates/expedition_1.0.106.all.deb(fixed the broken link)

once you upload this file to Expedition you can update by running this command:

sudo dpkg -i expedition_1.0.106.all.deb

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

L3 Networker

This is a real headache for me aswell, im trying to do it manualy and transfer the file but cant get it to work 😞

Expedition itself only needs one debian package to get updated. That package is hosted in our repository located at:

https://conversionupdates.paloaltonetworks.com

The access is made via (ssl) but we should detect as paloalto-updates app-id if your firewall is a Palo Alto Networks device.

Best Practices. The funcitonality of BPA uses some external dependencies located in Internet and while the update process occurs Expedition tries to go to Internet to find the latest version of those depencies. If you dont have Internet access Expedition will wait for the timeout and will not update them.  But BPA it goes on its own. 

If you want to download the hotfix by hand and upload them to your Expedition VM you can just do something like this

https://conversionupdates.paloaltonetworks.com/expedition-updates/expedition_1.0.106.all.deb(fixed the broken link)

once you upload this file to Expedition you can update by running this command:

sudo dpkg -i expedition_1.0.106.all.deb

I tried to use proxy, it worked to a extend. But for some reason it tried to go and use pip to download some python package. And that bypassed all my proxy settings. Ended up open wide in my (atm non palo)firewall temporary.

I can try this now (looking forward to the release notes for the new hotfix)

That did not work either. Will try again next time. But if it works with just dl the deb package its much easier for me 🙂

I have updated all the links on this page 🙂 Try it it works for me. Regards

Thanks alestevez. I was able to get the .deb file and install. 

L4 Transporter

Anyone else getting the php-radius error on the install of the HF? This is deployed in an esx environment and works fine but noticed this error on the update install.

expedition@Expedition:~$ sudo dpkg -i expedition_1.0.106.all.deb
[sudo] password for expedition:
(Reading database ... 209795 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack expedition_1.0.106.all.deb ...
Unpacking expedition-beta (1.0.106) over (1.0.84) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of expedition-beta:
expedition-beta depends on php-radius; however:
Package php-radius is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package expedition-beta (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
expedition-beta
expedition@Expedition:~$ ls -l
total 39140
-rw-rw-r-- 1 expedition expedition 40078732 Oct 8 10:26 expedition_1.0.106.all.deb

It should be installed, if not please try this to install manually

sudo apt-get install php-radius

• 1 accepted solution
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!