How to delete duplicate addresses in Expedition tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to delete duplicate addresses in Expedition tool

L0 Member

Hello, i'm trying to migrate from Juniper ssg config, and on the dashboard i see 1030 duplicated addresses.

However i was not able to remove them before exporting to xml PA config.

Any tips to do it? i searched alot, but saw no suitable solution.

I use the latest expedition version and see no tools inside it's interface to perform this kind of action (delete duplicate addresses)

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

check on the objects tab in the bottom right, hover over the red dot, that will remove unused objects.

unused-objects.png

I' ve tried to do it, but clicking the red baloon doesn't work - duplicated objects still there, nothing happens

sorry I misread your question, I thought you asked about  removing unused objects.

I have not observed objects with the same name and value being used in a panw config before.  I assume when you import it will simply take the last in the row of duplicates if in fact the same value and name are being used.

from experience I know if you have the same name with different values, the import via load config partial will take precedence (in 7.x versions, not sure if anything has changed.) so same name and different values could cause a headache.

You can use the right click on the objects duplicated like address and filter by DUPLICATED NAME, after that you can use right-click to MERGE BY NAME the duplicated objects...

Hi,

We managed to do it by uploading again PA converted config and Expedition see those former duplicated objects as Unused, so we just had to remove those new unused objects again.

Thanks,

Roberto

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!