Issue with Expedition, Cannot Access to GUI WEB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Issue with Expedition, Cannot Access to GUI WEB

L1 Bithead

Hello team.

I follow the steps to Install Expedition in a VM like the Guide that the official web pages says.

But when I try to acces by GUI WEB browsing, I get the message that not is posiblle to reach, the server refused the connection.

I check and I see the port 80 and 443 are not in LISTEN.

Could you help me with this?

The information:

VMware Workstation 16 Player

Ubuntu 20.04.4

initSetup_v2.0.sh

VM

16 REPLIES 16

L6 Presenter

@Oscarresendiz By default after you installing the expedition , the port 443 and 80 should be allowed automatically.  please issue below command to check if the port is listening:

$sudo ss -ltnp

If port 443 and 80 are not in the list, please do below command to open it :

$sudo ufw allow 80/tcp

Thank Lychiang, I run the commands but I don't see the Port in LISTEN.

image.png

I am able to connect with Putty (SSH) but When I try to access with chrome (GUI) It is not possible

You can use below commands to open port 443 and 80

$sudo ufw allow 80/tcp

$sudo ufw allow 443/tcp

L1 Bithead

On VM, need to change the default setting in network preference.

I am Sorry Bhapkar, But I don know in which part I need to change the default and what is the parameter I have to change. Could you help me with more information?

Hi,

Pls follow the below steps.

Abhijeet_Bhapkar_1-1660630824571.png

Abhijeet_Bhapkar_2-1660630859239.png

Click on Restore defaults, then click on Apply and OK

Abhijeet_Bhapkar_3-1660631043997.png

I did the restore defaults but I cannot access to Web, I tried to install twice but I get the same result 

L1 Bithead

I'm having this same issue.  Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

On VM, need to change the default setting in network preference, what default setting?

L1 Bithead

Has anyone found a solution for this? I added the firewall rules above still not seeing the ports 80 and 443 listening.

I tried to follow this article to generate a new cert, but my Ubuntu does not have apache2 installed, is this normal?

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/access-expedition-gui-using-google-chrome/t...

Mass_2-1698279685932.png

Mass_1-1698279671672.png

Anyone any idea?

Did you run the installer script - initSetup_*.sh from the expedition tar file (Step 5 listed in the 'Expedition Installation Guide' - Page 13 in current version)
This script installs apache along with other packages needed for expedition. 

You can try executing this command from the script to check any issues with apache installation: `apt-get install -y apache2`

I ran the script to install the Expedition, which is why it looks strange to me that I don't have it after the installation is completed. from the new Ubuntu I can run Curl https://.... and have access to the Internet, so I assume the script should have access to all repo it needs to install all required packages. 

But obviously, it did not, cannot figure out why.

Do you get an error when you install apache explicitly using the above recommended command?

You are right Sanandh, the apache did not get installed, with some errors around the packages not being available.

I tried installing using VMWare (instead of VirtualBox), and strange enough it all went through successfully.

Tried a couple of things in Vbox and gave up.

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!