Migrate Checkpoint 80.10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrate Checkpoint 80.10

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I try a migration from checkpoint 8R0.10.

I've updated to the last bersion (1.1.12) and I see option "VERSION 80.10" in the checkpoint tab, but this option is grayed out.

I try with R80 option but It does nothing after "upload" is clicked.

Do I miss something ?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I've deleted the project created before the upgrade and redone the whole procedure.

It's fine now.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L5 Sessionator

If you have exported the json formatted files using the method:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Articles/Migrating-Checkpoint-R80/ta-p/216298

If the file config source is from R80.10 you can use the R80 option and the parser will review the file source and determine which parser to use, either the R80 or R80.10.

Can you post a screenshot of the page after you click "upload"

We have not enabled R80.10 because we have found that original Checkpoint config files are missing a lot of address objects that are refereed within groups.

Until we do not find a way to export from Checkpoint a complete configuration set, we do not want to enable a parser that will led to incorrect migrations

,ve tested with r80 and the screen is blocked on "reading config files"

2019-04-18 07_44_14-.png

I missed a message that appears for a very short time slot.

It seems to look on phase 8 of 10 : Calculating NAT Rules Zones based on Static Routes and interfaces.

I will let it run until tomorrow.

2019-04-18 15_12_30-Expedition Project - Internet Explorer.png

I've deleted the project created before the upgrade and redone the whole procedure.

It's fine now.

@dgildelaig , I noticed a new procedure on the Expedition (Exped 1.1.66.2) file import page for Checkpoint R80 or greater.  involves uploading and running a .jar file on the mgmt server.  do you have any documentation for the new procedure or is it that simple?  Also, how do I explain any risks with running the .jar file on a client's mgmt server?

D. Elliott

Check the link we provide to download the jar file.

It is a file provided by Checkpoint, and they explain how to place it in their system and how to consume it.

I guess that if they see the source of the file, they can get some comfort as it is Chekpoint's software to patch Checkpoints software.

Thank you @dgildelaig , I thought the .jar file was produced by paloalto.  The client did not recognize the file's origination and I'm not familiar with Checkpoint.  I could not have wished for a better answer. 

D. Elliott

Glad to help

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!