Migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migration

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I want to migrate configuration from fortinet to palo alto ,can you let me know the procedure ahead.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hello @Swetang 

Once you back up your fortinet running configuration and save it you will need to create a project within expedition and import that configuration once inside of the project (screenshots below).

If for any reason you need additional assistance with this feel free to reach back out to us.

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 8.39.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 8.39.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-12 at 8.38.36 AM.png

Can you share me the installer file for expedition tool...also help me with the step for migration.

I would watch the installer video found here ( https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-migration-tool/ct-p/migration_tool )

And I would watch the import video found here ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD6FJ8WNiIqVez8EBeoyRsnQcKTA5FuZ- )

Although it shows a Cisco ASA migration it is 99% the same once the configuration is migrated in you will need to do similar steps. I would recommend watching these videos and once you are able to get your expedition server up and running and your fortinet configuration imported I can answer more specific questions you may have.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!