ML gets stuck at "Ready"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ML gets stuck at "Ready"

L1 Bithead

Hello all,

i'm trying to use ML but for some reason i cannot process the data. I've managed to export the data to the Expedition but as you can see the process option is not available. Any idea ?

drwxrwxr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Jun 25 11:38 data

drwxrwxrwx 2 expedition expedition 4096 Jul 20 12:32 logs

Expedition.png

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Can you please send a screenshot of the folder permissions where these log files live (via CLI)? Expedition may not have the proper permissions to parse these files.

Expedition.png

I have described it in my original post. I have using 2 folder - logs & data

The folder that stores these logs requires privs to make the changes after these ML logs have been parsed. You will need to change folder permissions to achieve this.

sudo chown -R www-data:expedition ./logs

Once that is done all new logs brought into this folder should have the proper permissions to be parsed and either "deleted" or "compressed". Also the existing files more than likely were also saved wrong so you will need to make the proper file permissions and rerun it.

drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data expedition 4096 Jul 20 23:15 logs

I have changed folder permissions and i've added there new log file. Nothing changed.  

The new log file that was imported shows the same ownership "www-data:expedition"?

it's weird, because some logs are correct but new ones from yesterday are still expedition:expedition

-rw-rw-r-- 1 www-data expedition 1141518509 Jul 20 16:49 xyz.csv
-rw-rw-r-- 1 expedition expedition 1394700274 Jul 21 16:53 xyz.csv

i cannot process both

If this is in relation to your other forum post then you will need to follow what Didac mentioned.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-discussions/ml-gets-stuck-at-quot-pending-quot/td-p/...

Yes, to answer your question on page 3 you will need to add the firewall in separately.

not i can see that the folder logs has following permissions - drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data expedition 4096 Jul 27 12:14 logs, but the new logs has are still  " -rw-rw-r-- 1 expedition expedition xzy.csv "

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!