Multiple ASA migration with final import to Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple ASA migration with final import to Panorama

L0 Member

Hello Community,

I have a client that wants to do a multiple asa configs into a single pair of 3250's that will be pulled into their Pano when migration config has been confirmed and validated.

Do I have anything to worry about when I pull the devices into the Pano?  Such as duplicated/shared objects?  My understanding and experience is that the Pano will create a new device group, template stack and base templates from the imported devices.

Then if there are any conflicts such as duplicate objects they can then be cleaned up on the pano and the templates.

Background:  We had to cancel a cutover last weekend due to the fact that the client pulled in the 3250's to Pano and pushed templates before the configuration was imported from Expedition.  This caused a huge issue with dup address, service, zones etc.

To address this failed cutover, I reached out to the acct. mgmt. team and we removed the devices from Pano, copied the objects from pano to the device to address the cleanup that needs to be done.  I exported that config and pulled into a new expedition project for clean up.  I will then after review import that config into the 3250's.

Clean up on the pano is to remove the previous devices, group, stack and templates.  Providing for a clean landing space for re-importing the devices.

Has anyone been through this type of migration and are there any points that I have not made concessions for?  Any and all input is appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!