No supported files to process

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No supported files to process

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

I sucessfully exported the logs from my PA200 (currently on release 7.1.16) via SCP to the PALogs folder.

Expedition can find the files but when I do the "Process Files" I get the dreaded "No supported files to process". Can I get an hint on what am I doing wrong here?

expedition_error.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead
8 REPLIES 8

L1 Bithead

Hey @Bruno_Alipio

How did you manage to resolve this? We are facing the same thing?

the ML temp folder is owned by www-data, same with the PALogs folder but we're still having the issue of "no supported files to process"

Hi @LukeBullimore,

Im not facing the issue anymore. I have my directory structure /PALogs/PaloAltoSCP owned by "expediton" and everything is running ok now.

For the first "process files" I had to change the owner to www-data:www-data but after that reverted back to expedition:expedition (to let the NGFW device export the logs directly via SCP) and everything is running fine. I now can have the new exports on this directory, have expedition finding them and processing without issues.

Hope this helps.

Hey @Bruno_Alipio

Thanks for your response!

In our particular issue, this was failing because a lot of our logs included IPv6 and Expedition does not currently support IPv6 for ML.  Many thanks to Albert for looking at it with us 🙂

Cheers,

Luke.

L2 Linker

I am having the same issue, but the reported solutions are not working for me.

I am running version 107.

User and groups are as required:

ls -l /PALogs/

-rw-rw-r-- 1 www-data www-data 27064162 Oct 30 17:49 XXX.csv

I commened out the bind statement mysql.cnf and restarted mysqld:

#bind-address           = 127.0.0.1

yet I'm still getting this error. Is there any log to check why this is happening?

Hey @mrzepa2

After typing in the /PALogs/* directory, click the save button. Open up the device then ML tab again and try to process the logs, whilst doing so, look in the below log folder:

/tmp/error_logCoCo

Thanks. That did the trick.

L1 Bithead

Hi what  is the resolution here?

I've tried all permutations of directory/file permissions. 

I'm using the latest version of Expedition. I've imported Panorama and collected all its managed device. I've exporet logs from both the firewall and panorama and the ml.learning tab sees the files and can determined the PAN-OS version (so I'm thinking they are fine) but same error.

no files in /tmp.

How can I troubelshoot this further? Is there a debug mode? 

Thanks for any advices.

Cheers,

Simon 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!