Objects still in source config after merge

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Objects still in source config after merge

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm working on a migration from Checkpoint R80.20 to panOS 9.0.5.

I injected both configurations in expedition. When I merge Policies and objects with the base configuration, the operation seems successful because I have the "Done!" message.

But I noticed that actually the polices have merged correctly but the objects don't merge at all. They are still within the source configuration. And I can't get a way to push them to the palo alto firewall.

I tried creating another project but I ended up having the same problem.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Did you move (drag and drop) the address objects, service objects, etc. into the desired destination vsys in the NGFW config on the right side of the Export?

I understand you did already for the security policies. Just wanted to make sure you also did for the different objects that are necessary for the rules

Yes, I did the drag and drop of the objects into the destination vsys in NGFW config

Would it be possible to get a project Export to us at fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com to study this case, together with the steps you perform to merge the configurations?

of course

Have you received my email? I sent it yesterday

Working on it.

We would do our best to keep all requests attended

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!